• 5th April 2016 at 6:04 pm

I think I need help. Not sure where this should be posted but I’ll come straight to the point. My son is 19 days old. He is my world. Now I knew going back to work was going to be hard…but this is near impossible. I have a very busy, stressful job – sometimes 14 hour shift. I hardly saw my boy for 4 days. I’m holding back tears all day and I just cannot work as well as I could. My boss hasn’t been very understanding. Is this normal or not? I’m crying most of the time. I have suffered from depression and anxiety before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. J

• 9th April 2016 at 1:49 pm

I too suffer with Anxiety and depression and have done for many years so I know how bad certain things can effect your mood when you least expect it.
    Have you been to the doctors recently and spoke to him/her?
    I would recommend that you did if you wish to get help.
    Not everyone is open to taking prescription tablets I understand this but having taken a lot of different meds over the years I know there are temporary things you can take just to get yourself back into the swing of things. If meds are not your cup of tea then there are other things your doctor could suggest to suit your needs.
    I had a very stressful job at one point and a very stressful boss going on at me with long hours that stoped me from seeing my partner and baby girl and to be honest it run me down to the ground. The last thing you need is to be in that environment whilst feeling like s!!t.
    Somtimes a change of job could be the answer.
    After all once our little ones grow up then that’s it no more baby.
    Your mental health is important in being a good father and a good partner!!
    I lost everything due to my mental health problems. They sneek up on you if you don’t fix the problems.
    Please don’t let your job get you down.
    Either change jobs or get rid of the feelings via other methods.
    Once you read this I want you to go and look at your boy, he is your little creation and he needs you to be happy because that will be his memorys of you for the rest of his life.
    Well done for going to work tho and congratulations on having your little boy.
    I hope you figure out somthing that makes you happy.