• 19th February 2015 at 9:34 pm

ok guys…

so what film from last year is a must buy DVD?

I had a real soft spot for the Planet of the Apes….

• 20th February 2015 at 9:06 pm

I think my favourite films this year were Interstellar, Birdman, Fury, American Sniper and Whiplash. All fantastic.

Still trying to get my head round Interstellar and am sure that I will never actually understand it, but what a film.

Birdman was a different type of film, loved how it was all shot in “one scene” and the drum music all the way through created a great atmosphere.

Fury was a mans film, lots of blood but very moving at the same time.

American sniper was a bit of a “Black Hawk Down” type of film, loved every moment apart from the plastic baby ­čÖé and the drill bit.

Whiplash was pure brilliance and some of the best acting I’ve seen in a long time. Again very moving.

• 10th March 2015 at 8:50 am

For me, Grand Budapest Hotel. So easy to watch, funny, very Cohen Brothers-esque.

I found American Sniper a bit disappointing but mostly because I’d read the book and I┬ágot a better sense of what Chris is about rather than what Clint Eastwood is trying to portray. I still enjoyed it though.

I really liked Fury, gritty, and I felt the violence had real consequences for the characters and thus moved the story along.

Lastly, Frank, very quirky but not everyones cup of tea!

• 11th March 2015 at 10:50 am

Nice reviews there David.

I’ve recently seen The Theory of Everything. ┬áReally enjoyed the film and was quite moving. ┬áMade me appreciate the guy in the wheelchair a lot more. ┬áDidn’t know he wasn’t born disabled, and he had 3 kids! What a guy.

• 2nd April 2015 at 7:49 am

I saw the theory of everything and loved it found it moving and a good look into the man behind the chair