• 6th September 2017 at 5:34 pm

Hi

So ill try keep it short.

Amicable divorce/separation, see my son every weekend. This has been fine, recently due to financial reason’s i’m at my parents house, not great but appreciating the help.

The issue I have is my parents speak my ex a lot, have invited her to a BBQ recently, invite her in for a cup of tea on the occasion that she wants to pick up my son on a sunday, (I usually drive him home)

Its a really awkward feeling when im sat in the living room and parents invite her in and have a good old chin wag. I cant tell them who to invite into there house, but at the same time I would never go round to her mums house and have a cup of tea and have a good old chat whilst she is sat watching.

What’s made it worse or more apparent that its weird, is I now have a new partner and looking to move out (finally), but when we have a family get together and my new partner is invited, my mother starts showing her pictures of my and my ex with the kids…. my partner is to polite to say anything but you can see the awkward look on her face.

I said id keep it short sorry, how would I approach this? I was going to speak to my ex and say I like how things are amicable but please dial it down, as its really weird for me.

Just wanted to know your thoughts.

• 2nd December 2017 at 12:57 pm

Hi,

I’ve just joined this group…

I totally understand. My mum and Dad have recently got back in contact with my ex and now never shut up about her life and her new dog (which they take for walks) etc etc.

My partner who watched the devastation wreaked by her is massively confused as to why they are all pally again…

Have unspoken to your folks about it??

It’s driving a wedge between us and my parents…