• 6th April 2015 at 9:49 am

Days out doesn’t just apply to great places to go with the kids for a day out – what about with your partner and leaving the kids behind

I have been a single dad now for about seven months. This has been fine but all work and home with zack or going out with zack. Suddenly I realised that I had not been out on my own at all and didn’t really know how to do it. I was asked to go out with a few old friends and really wanted to go but with only two days notice I was at a loss with getting someone to look after Zack. Then I discovered childcare.co.uk.

You do have to sign up, I paid £18 but well worth it.

Just put in your postcode and wham you have a list of local registered and CRB’d babysitters in your area.  I sent a few emails out to ladies I felt were suitable and quickly got a reply.

Unfortunately on the day I got a text from the babysitter saying she was sick. Back to the website and found another one who was free that night. WooHoo my fist night out in seven months!

I recommend you and the kid(s) meet the lady (no men that I could see) first just to make sure on both sides.

Also once you have joined the site you have access to all the local registered babysitters and you can copy their phone numbers and email addresses off so you don’t need to pay for the site anymore.